This past week I’ve been nominated by not one but two fellow bloggers for the Liebster Award! I had to do a quick Google on this, but it’s “an award that exists only on the internet, and is given to bloggers by other bloggers. The earliest case of the award goes as far back as 2011. Liebster in German means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome”. Um, thank you for the nomination!
Here are the rules!
1. Thank the person who nominated you and link back to their blog.
2. Copy and paste the Liebster Award badge to your post.
3. Nominate other bloggers who have less than 200 followers.
4. Answer the 10 questions the person who nominated you asked you.
5. Create 10 new questions to ask the bloggers you nominate.
6. Notify the bloggers you have nominated by leaving them a comment on their blog.
Since allisrosy nominated me first I’m answering her 10 questions first!
1. One product you couldn’t live without?
I’m obsessed with mascara, and a holy grail of mine is the Maybelline Lash Sensational mascara so I have to chose that one! My tube has also reached that perfect stage where the product isn’t brand new and gooey but slightly dried up so it ends up giving even more length and volume!
2. Favourite sweet treat?
I have such a sweet tooth so I will take literally any treat offered to me, but I’m a sucker for Nutella. I will put it on anything and everything and a home isn’t a home without a tub in the pantry.
3. Favourite blogpost you’ve ever written?
I got so excited to write and publish my review on the Too Faced Chocolate Bon Bons Eyeshadow Palette! I had been waiting for it for months and finally getting my hands on it and being able to swatch and photograph it was so much fun. I have a feeling I’ll get that same excitement when the new peach palette drops at Mecca later this month!
4. Story behind your blog (why you started it)?
I started my blog because I love the beauty community and wanted to have my own space to share my own thoughts about products and brands. I watched YouTube for years and wanted to join in on the conversation and a blog was the perfect place to start as I found starting my own channel a bit daunting.
5. Favourite blogger?
I love Zoella, I’m always interested in what she has to say and I always feel so motivated and inspired after reading her posts or watching her videos.
6. What’s your blog goal?
I don’t really have a solid one since I just want my blog to be the best it can be so I’m always looking for ways to improve things, but since I hit 100 followers last month my new mental goal is 1000 followers!
7. How long does it take you to write a blogpost?
If I’m just writing the words on a sticky note on my laptop then I can write a long post in about 30 minutes or less. But I usually write my post on WordPress where I edit and upload the photos as well, which can take me to about 45 minutes or even an hour if I’m multi-tasking.
8. Favourite bits and bad bits about blogging?
Favourite bits: Getting the perfect flatlay, editing photos, getting new products and getting excited to do a write up on it, finding new blogs, finding out tips and tricks from fellow bloggers.
Bad bits: Getting annoyed when the flatlays aren’t working haha, having to put my blog on hold during busy uni times, having to rush a post because I want to put it up on a certain night but uni took up all my time.
9. How long have you had your blog?
Only a few months now, I started it December 14th, 2015.
10. In 10 years will you still have your blog?
Now onto saturdayonwednesday’s questions!
1. What’s your favourite spice?
I love anything with a (little) kick of chili so probably just that!
2. Warmest childhood memory?
All the hours I spent playing with my sister! We were so lucky to have heaps of Barbies, Poly Pockets, My Scene dolls, Bratz dolls, everything! We created heaps of stories and it’s weird to look back and realise that all those universes and plots just happened in my bedroom.
3. What’s your favourite sport/activity?
The only form of exercise I do (besides going for walks I guess!) is ballet so I have to pick that! I love watching it too, it’s so relaxing and beautiful.
4. Favourite smoothy recipe?
I don’t own a blender so I never make smoothies (but I really want to start) but my favourite fruit are strawberries so anything with that!
5. A go to inspirational movie/tv show?
Most inspiring show for me is hands down Rupaul’s Drag Race which tells me every episode to learn to love yourself, because “if you can’t love yourself, how in the hell you gonna love somebody else?” Also the entire point of the show is just amazing and so welcoming and beautiful, it makes me so emotional.
6. Do you have any phobias?
Yes, spiders (and like, any bug) and throwing up.
7. What’s the best nail polish you have ever owned?
I’m not super into nail polish as I am a little ball of stress sometimes and I have no pretty long nails left to paint!
8. What’s your morning routine?
Wake up, get sad because I need to get up, check Instagram, Snapchat and Facebook. Then I roll out of bed and get breakfast and make myself a coffee, then I brush my teeth and do my whole skincare and makeup routine, then get dressed, check I have everything in my bag and leave for the day!
9. Favourite social medial platform?
Instagram is my favourite but ever since I added all my favourite drag queens on Snapchat I have been loving checking that all the time.
10. If you have 3 hours of your free time to do whatever you like, what do you do?
I’ll be boring and honest and say checking all social media, watching YouTube, rewatching Drag Race episodes, listening to music, maybe taking a nap after all that hard work haha!
This is who I’m nominating!
I really enjoy reading the posts from the girls I’ve mentioned above and keeping up with what they recommend, so if they like they can participate in the awards too and I strongly recommend you check out their blogs!
Here are my questions for them! They’re mostly related to blogging but that’s because I just find it so interesting hearing our other people work!
- What’s your favourite type of blog post to write? (monthly favourites, product reviews etc)
- What is something you’ve learnt from blogging?
- Who inspires you in both your online and real life?
- What do you do to relax?
- What’s something good that’s happened to you recently that you’d like to share?
- How long does it take you to write a blog post?
- What’s a beauty product you’d love to own in the future or that’s been on your wishlist for a while?
- What would your dream holiday be?
- What’s something you want to achieve in life? (Big or small!)
- Favourite film and why?
So that’s it! I hope you all enjoyed this post and finding out a little bit more about me! I can’t wait to read the answers from the girls I tagged if they decide to do it, so please go check out their blogs and follow them for updates!
All the love and thank you for reading,